Labels

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Nuzlocke: Azalea Town and MFing Bugsy

Time for an update on my SoulSilver nuzlocke challenge! :)

So far things have gone all right, but there have been some really close calls. Togepi hatched, and that little shit knows EXTRASENSORY ALREADY. Fucking psychic-type move right out of the box. Er, egg. I guess Togepi never really leaves the egg. You get what I'm trying to say here.

I also managed to get through Union Cave (first Pokemon was a Zubat, said fuck that and killed it), which was good because I realized two things are on the other side of that cave... Slowpoke Cave and Azalea Town, which means another badge to earn and some more Team Rocket bitches. Oh, and an old guy who will make special pokeballs out of apricorns that I find. Which might prove useful later.


So we get through, nothing too bad in the route right after Union Cave. I ran into a Hoppip (YAY A GRASS TYPE) and caught it, so that's good news too. I move into town to save/heal, then headed to meet Kurt, the aforementioned old guy. He runs off to fall down Slowpoke Well, and I go down to save him and beat up Team Rocket. It was at this point I realized that I have no Fire types and the only Pokemon on my team with a Psychic move is basically an infant still. Team Rocket was kinda tough, and I definitely ran back and healed pretty much between each battle just to be safe. The end guy wasn't all that bad, once I got Hoothoot to put his shit to sleep.

The gym leader in Azalea is Bugsy, the wet dream of every Bug Catcher everywhere. He's got a Scyther (which I knew already), so I was planning on raising up Hoothoot and Geodude to handle his shit. Most of the trainers in his gym were pretty weak sauce, and made for good fodder to raise Geodude up. Good old Rock Throw, man. There was even a double battle, which I almost lost Ekans in. So I get up to Bugsy, expecting a couple of trash guys and then big bad Scyther. This asshole starts the battle with Scyther.

I panic, having sent out Hoothoot first and the only flying move he knows is Peck, and I know that Scyther is gonna be faster. Thankfully, he used Fury Cutter (did basically nothing) and my Hypnosis put him to sleep. Switch to Geodude, two good Rock Throws and Scyther dies in its sleep. I was elated. What's next, I wondered, hoping that it wasn't anything too bad.

This dude has a Metapod and a Kakuna left.

I couldn't believe they'd let him be a gym leader when he uses two guys in their most useless forms. OH SHIT HARDEN AGAIN, DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING. Anyways, Hoothoot came back out, Pecked them to death, and I got myself a second badge. I also got the TM for U-Turn, which is great since Hoppip can learn it and it will be the first damage dealing move it will know.

And then it happened. Thank Arceus I went and healed and saved because guess who I forgot would show up: my rival, the red-headed Douche. No really, I named him Douche. So he runs up, can't believe I won a badge (bitch do I know you?) and then challenges me. Then he throws a fucking Gastly. WHERE DID YOU GET THAT, MAN? WTF? Gastly is awful, uses Spite all over the place, but Ekans knows Bite so I got him. Then Bayleef. Motherfucking Bayleef. As mentioned earlier, I have no Fire types, and my bird is kinda weak still. Bayleef poisons or puts to sleep my entire team so I basically ragequit and turned off the game. I know that's against the rules, but it's not like I was turning it off to catch a different Pokemon or something, I was surprised and totally fucked. So sue me.

Here's my current team, I am training them now to beat ole' Douche face and head off into Ilex Forest.

OT: Merlin (4:34)
Tristan (Ekans), level 12
Arthur (Totodile), level 15
Iseult (Geodude), level 16
Gawain (Togepi), level 9
Percivale (Hoppip), level 7
Lancelot (Hoothoot), level 15

Wish me luck!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm still freaking out about the Virbank Gym in my Black 2 Nuzlocke.
    I've got three pokemanz and I fear for their health..

    ReplyDelete